With modern cloth diapers you can use cloth diapers right from birth! Many hospitals are now willing to let parents bring in cloth diapers to use as long as they will change their baby.
Be sure to check with your hospital to see if cloth diapers are allowed. If they aren’t you can advocate for yourself by doing the following:
- Bring in samples of cloth diapers. I suggest bringing in an all-in-one style or pocket style diaper. The best place to do this is to bring the cloth diapers to one of your child birth education classes.
- Let them know that you are willing (or your spouse or partner) to change all the diapers.
- Ask a local cloth diaper retailer to see if they would be able to contact the hospital on your behalf. This might be an opportunity for a cloth diaper retailer to suggest offering a cloth diapering class as a part of (or separate) the childbirth education class(es).
- Contact the Real Diaper Association for helpful tips. They also have advocacy pamph’ets available on their site that you can print from your home computer. http://www.RealDiaperAssociation.org
- Visit the advocacy group called Cloth Diapers in Hospitals (http://clothdiapersinhospitals.blogspot.com/ ) and on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ClothinHospitals for support on how you can advocate to use cloth diapers in hospitals.
If you used cloth diapers in the hospital when your baby was born please share your experience!Thank you for visiting my site and for reading this post. I would love to see you on Facebook and Twitter. Also be sure to sign up for my Fluffy News Mailing List to stay updated on the latest cloth diaper news, coupons and sales, and information on special giveaways.