Now this is a fun post to write! It’s easy to find humor in things that make NO SENSE and are so hard to believe.
I was shopping in Wal Mart this past weekend and came across something shocking…the most expensive disposable diapers I have ever seen! They’re only sold in packs of SIX and the retail is $6.97, that equates to $1.16 per diaper change! But that’s NOT the crazy part, the crazy part is that they’re for dolls and they don’t NEED to be thrown away.
Is your head spinning yet? Mine was. My husband was all “What are you doing? Why are you taking pictures?” I was all “Can you believe this?” and I pointed to the diapers. He laughed and kept walking.
Seriously folks, let me list the reasons this makes NO sense.
- Dolls don’t need disposable diapers because they don’t “really” poop or pee. Yes, Baby Alive can go “faux pee” but why can’t she just pee water, that can air dry?
- Ok, so faux pee that looks like water is no fun. You want baby doll to pee something that looks like real urine. Guess what? It can be washed out, not tossed out!
- Cloth Diapers for dolls make more sense than disposables. If disposables are considered “real diapers” and the doll has fake hair a fake body, fake everything else then why not a fake disposable diaper…a cloth diaper?
- Let’s just say you’re totally into disposables and really really want your child to get to have mini disposable diapers to change and then throw away. Why pay $6.97 for a six pack when you can go to the disposable diaper isle and purchase a box of Pampers Swaddlers for Preemies and they’re $6.99 for a 20 pack?
- Lastly, 6 diapers for a doll? You know the kid is going to want the doll to go “pee pee” at least once a day if not more. Then what? You rush out to buy more or do you tell your child their new baby can’t eat or go potty anymore?
It’s all so confusing. I guess a sign of the times. Throw away items began as a luxury and we as a nation seem to be having trouble realizing there’s no value in items that can’t be reused. As far as I am concerned throw away diapers for dolls are the ultimate waste of money, worse than disposable diapers for real babies.
Maybe when the six pack of disposable doll diapers run out you’re supposed to use dollar bills instead?